A fun day, answers to prayer.....we (Hailey, Trevor and I) got to attend Austin's Valentine's Day party at school today (Kara's sick and a good friend came to stay with her). I love going to his classroom to see his little friends and hug the ones that need it and just have fun with Austin in "his" environment (that he is oh so proud of). A good day, but feeling a bit "antsy"- for lack of a better word- tonight. The girls are in bed and Austin is with Trevor at a basketball game (Trevor has to work at). I sit down to do a few things on the computer and find myself at a blog that a good friend suggested to read. Check it out, it's worth the couple minutes it takes to read it! (especially moms) http://www.aholyexperience.com/search?q=ducks%20of%20a%20feather
So, in the middle of reading this blog entry Trevor called to let me know that Austin was on his way in the house. He said that he didn't even stay for the whole time at the game that he could have, because he looked at Trevor and said, "I'm having fun Dad and I like coming to these with you, but I need to go home and spend some time with Mom." My heart melts and my eyes well up (totally speaking my love language there). So, instead of hurrying him off to bed, (like I had planned because it is late and I have MY stuff to do), we sat and talked and snuggled and read a few books. What a precious moment. What else can I say, but that I am blessed. I am so thankful that the Lord stopped me to read that blog at that very moment. Otherwise I would have missed out on some sweet time and "soft feathers" with my Jaybird.
Thank you Lord for that very important reminder....for which I needed badly.

1 comment:
hey jode, I went to the web site a holy experience, very cool. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment