Thursday, January 15, 2009

Freezing days, Forts, Cookies & Noses...

We have certainly had some freezing cold days here this week. Today has been probably the coldest....below zero plus the wind chill. Today just seemed right to make some cookies. I had been cold all day and that helped get me warmed up. Austin, Hailey and I had a good time. Austin even cracked his first egg. No shells in the mix :) Oatmeal butterscotch...makes your mouth water, doesn't it?



Forts have always been a big deal at our house. Not as much lately, so when we made this one the kids had a real good time in it. And Kara's really getting into playing with the big kids now too- plus it was in her room.
Kara's cheesy smile- gotta love it!


A side note:
This (bloody nose) is what happens on a cold dry day...
it doesn't help when you pick your nose either :)
I couldn't help adding this one :)

1 comment:

Roberta said...

What a good mom you are. On days like this I want to stay in bed all day or at least on the couch under a blanket and put in movie after movie for Haddee. I don't do it because Scott would be upset, otherwise I probably would. :-) Looks like you had fun today. Miss those cute kids! (and you too)