Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The joys of Fall


We love fall around here as do many others. We love to rake leaves, we love the cooler weather and the occasional treat of a warm day. I think we end up raking our lawn at least 10 or so times because instead of just waiting until all the leaves fall, we're too anxious to play in them. We decided to carve a pumpkin this year. Grandma and Grandpa Herbert grew it in their garden (it's huge and perfectly shaped). The kids actually helped me clean it out- and enjoyed it. Austin drew a picture of what the face should look like and I did my best to copy it (considering I had a huge knife to work with- I think we should invest in some of those safe pumpkin cutters if we do this more). Enjoy the pictures.





1 comment:

Erin said...

that makes me sad seeing fall in michigan. i think i'm a bit emotional latley...being like a single mom of 3 and pregnant must be taking it's toll on me :)

miss you guys!